flashing Annke NVR N931BB with Hikvision

bbmre

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi all,

Recently got my hands on this NVR which is a 32 ch, has anyone flashed it with hikvision? if so which firmware, can we use the same process as flashing the Annke IP cams to Hik. ? really appreciate any help.

regrds

Attachments

DaGuru

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

Recently got my hands on this NVR which is a 32 ch, has anyone flashed it with hikvision? if so which firmware, can we use the same process as flashing the Annke IP cams to Hik. ? really appreciate any help.

regrds
I wouldn't even try.

Just purchased this with C800 turrets. I've upgraded their firmware successfully directly through NVR interface with USB file off the annke website.

There is no firmware upgrade available from my research for NVR from Ankee.
The firmware I've got:
v4.40.015 b200616...
Yeah, dated 16th June 2020.

I was stressed initially. A 70w sticker on the side and in spec 8 PoE actually powered spec. Though I tested successfully and indeed this NVR has the power for all 16 ports. Thought I was going to need an 8 port PoE power injector but no! Happy days.

I tested offline each camera on different PoE ports using one cable. Then eventuated to 16 cameras as in pic. No short leads. No worries.

Attachments

Last edited:

DaGuru

n3wb
Reaction score
It also runs considerably cool from 6 hours testing.

I'll remount the single HDD (yes it accommodates four) second in from left opposite PSU. The side exhaust works well. There is no indication of fan speeds or temps from what I've discovered. Though I'm sure there'd be thermal monitoring under the hood.

DaGuru

n3wb
Reaction score
It is rather loud though with the fans. I'm thinking 5 inch custom housing with 80mm quiet fans and filters.

DaGuru

n3wb
Reaction score
I did end up having a few issues. A few cams insisted on dropping out at higher bitrates. Dropping main stream live along with recording, yet showing active live sub stream. These not all at distance, very weird as some closer than others.
I swapped cams on cables and issue pointed cables. Re-terminated all T568B, issue still existed on those same cables.
Same cams tested on 30m premade cat5e coiled, not much issue at 12k+ kbps H.256, yet this one cam on installed run (of 6 or 7 cams total on 16) wanted to fail even at 6mbps H.265 within 5 minutes!

I did find the Hikvision equivalent firmware. I simply searched for 4.40.015 build 200616.... the old modified firmware on the device. Found the Hikvision file server portal of which two exist (Netherlands and United Kingdom).
This is an I Series Hikvision. Something like a DS-7732NI-I4/16P. Maybe it's not exactly...
BUT I SERIES FIRMWARE WORKS!
And it did fix the stability issue. I'd say there is an issue with interference on the cables found to have fault at high bitrates, yet the newer firmware solved the drop.

THIS WASN'T ALL A HAPPY STORY...
After the major firmware upgrade, I did eventually lose Hik-Connect service. This was either blacklist on Hikvisions end, or the actual firmware process as I downgrades.
Do not unbind your platform Hik-Connect. And be aware you may lose that option. NO MORE EVENT NOTIFICATIONS ON YOUR PHONE.

There's always DDNS thankfully.

Option 1.
Option 2.
Option 3.
Get the firmware from an I Series product directly off a Hikvision product page.
* Do it all at your own risk! You will lose support from Annke.

Last edited:

DaGuru

n3wb
Reaction score
I'd say "Verified!", OEM Hikvision DS-7732NI-I4/16P... two HDMI ports, 1.5U. 32ch. 16 PoE. 4 SATA. And the firmware build from 2020, to match!

DaGuru

n3wb
Reaction score
If your Annke NVR is working fine, don't change the firmware.

Yeah I did flash the C800 Annke turrets (G5's) with Hikvision. Annke actually have a decent build of firmware which works well. The Hikvision on the C800 strips the customized option for Vehicle and Human detection on motion.

Annke firmware 16th March 2022
*Firmware Version V5.7.1 build 220316
Encoding Version V7.3 build 211129
Web Version V4.0.1 build 210830
Plugin Version 3.0.7.29
Firmware Version Property C-R-G5-0

Hikvision G5 firmware 16th February 2022
* Firmware Version V5.7.3 build 220216
Encoding Version V7.3 build 211223
Web Version V4.0.1 build 211229
Plugin Version 3.0.7.29
Firmware Version Property B-R-G5-0

Notice the "Firmware Version Property". B is Baseline. C is Custom.