Flashing Cameras and Clips

Reaction score
Ignoring the Teamviewer message, i have a weird issue where the cameras and clips blink on and off every 2 seconds. Imagine the left image, then a second later the right, then the left, right, left, etc.... All of that content blinks every 2 seconds or so. The Blue Iris software title bar/windows doesn't blink, just the content.

Here are some more details and thoughts.

The computer is new and custom built. I've built maybe 200 computers in my days. This particular one is an i9 10 core, 16gb RAM, m2 SSD and a 18tb Purple Western digital drive. Other aspects of the computer are working fine. I've setup about 30 Blue Iris systems over the years and maybe 200 cameras of all the common brands. These particular cameras are Reolink.

This is the first Blue Iris system i've setup using TPLink switches. They are rated well and the couple small TPLink switches i tested out, seemed to work well. I think the switch isn't the issue because the video feed for each camera, when viewed through the browser doesn't blink. This blink is only within Blue Iris.

The camera feeds in the Blue Iris app on mobiles, don't blink.

I ran a test on the hard drive and it tested good. If the problem was the hard drive, i wouldn't expect the live camera feeds to drop out.

I wondered if this could be related to a processor overheating, but the rest of the computer is functioning fine.

UPDATE, i might have run across a solution. Although i might have solved this, i post this here for anybody else searching for ideas with the same issue. Just before i posted this looking for ideas myself, i finally found the camera that i hid and disabled from the main interface earlier in the day. Long story short, the client potentially wanted to set aside a live/recording camera from the main interface. I did this, but the client changed their mind. So i went to display the camera again and learned that the GUI had changed and now there is an enable/disable button for enabling editing of the interface. Earlier in the day i didn't know this, so i kept on doing the camera install and other things, thinking i'd come back and figure out how to unhide the camera latter. Well now is later. I found the edit button for the interface. After getting that camera unhidden and enabled, the blinking went away. Everything seems normal now. It's interesting that the blinking didn't start until an hour+ after i hid and accidentally disabled that camera.

If i had to guess, i'd say there is some sort of glitch in the software that i've run across. Because even if i hid and disabled a camera, i can't imagine why blinking all the content would be useful for anything.

2.jpg1.jpg

Last edited: