Flashing green power led, no boot up no displayi

Frankf77

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, been a while since I needed help, but my trusty Hik DS-7204HGHI-SH NVR suddenly started giving out 3 bleeps every 4 or 5 seconds, this was at 3am so I just powered off. Today I just get the power led flashing every 3 seconds, and no display on tv.

I would add that when the bleeding was going on, during the 4 second interval, I could hear the hdd trying to spin up but dying down immediately.

today there is no noise from the drive, just the flashing green led.

I’ve tried disconnecting the drive temporarily but no difference; then tried another, Un-initialised drive, but same results.

I’ve tested the PSU plug for 12v output, which looks ok.

any suggestions anybody, or what else to test etc? Or am I looking at a door stop?

many thanks

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sounds like the HDD went out but you tried that, so try a different power supply instead of just testing the current one because testing with no load and load can be different.

Frankf77

n3wb
Reaction score
No, open circuit, not connected; the led is flashing so I assume voltage should be ok. But tested anyway just in case

Frankf77

n3wb
Reaction score
Sounds like the HDD went out but you tried that, so try a different power supply instead of just testing the current one because testing with no load and load can be different.
Yes I understand the No load issue, I’ll try probing the live in after the switch.
The 4 pin plug appears to be 2 pairs of 12 v supply, pos and neg, yet only 2 core cable from the PSU is used, so I assume it splits into two in the 4 pin connector? so, to test, could I supply a known good 12v source to the 2 core cable?
Thanks