Floodlight to go with POE camera

Beauthedog

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I am in the process of setting up a Blue Iris system. I purchased this camera to replace a Wyze floodlight camera that I have installed on the back of my house.

The Wyze floodlight camera I had installed where there was an existing floodlight at a junction box. I am planning on adding a second junction box for the new camera below the existing junction box, and replacing the Wyze camera with a regular motion activated floodlight. I was wondering if this is a decent plan, or if the floodlight turning on and off would interfere with the camera. Is there any issue mounting the camera and floodlight right next to each other? I was also wondering if anyone had any recommendation for a floodlight or alternative.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes floodlights turning off and on can impact the exposure of the camera.

Every camera is different and some recover quicker than others.

Wait and see if the built in white lights of that camera are sufficient.

Beauthedog

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I’ll try just using the cameras LEDs and see how that goes, it may make more sense for me to just put in a regular light not a motion activated one. The original light installed there in on a switch in my house. I saw some people use IR lights so I was wondering if something like that would be more useful.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Unfortunately this camera doesn't see infrared, so you would need to provide visible light.