Flying cement almost creams two guys

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
A few weeks ago, Hurricane Ian passed through the western-most province of Cuba. I'm located in Havana a few hundred kilometers to the east. We didn't get it too bad but there was a bit of damage.

Two of my cameras caught the cement lid of a cement water tank hitting the street, missing two guys by a a couple meters. I now understand why they tell us to stay indoors during these storms!

View attachment VID-20221003-WA0027.mp4
View attachment VID-20221003-WA0028.mp4

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I see on TV the on-the-scene weather reporters out in the middle of some of these storms, barely able to stand up, trying to talk on their mics and give a report. They've been doing it for years now, trying to out-do their peers or please their bosses and one of these days, one of them is going to get their head cut off by a piece of flying metal roofing or siding or at least a concussion from a piece of lumber or tree limb traveling at 70 MPH. Or maybe lose an eye.

I'd like to be wrong but let's just say I won't be surprised. :idk:

Keyboard

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm with you @TonyR.

What are reporters trying to prove by standing in extreme storms? Simultaneously, they're pleading with us not to be out in the storm because you'll be risking serious harm or your life.

Contrary to their "sensational act", I was never impressed, and viewed the reporters as fools.

Last edited:

Snapper30

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I love the commentary - "Scene from the new Monty Python movie" had me cracking up.