Fog inside Dahua SD1A203T-GN

alekslyse

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I installed yesterday a SD1A203T-GN that I should use in a terrarium - with its IP grade that should be no issue, but after being running for 5-6 hours this happened. The camera is in a temperature of around 30c and no water or moist close to it. Any solutions to this. I never openened it or put in a SD card so not touched it

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That can happen if you installed too quickly after getting. It is best to let it sit for 3 days to acclimate temperature to the environment before installing. Obviously sometimes that is impossible like an outside install.

Folks have seen that happen sometime if installing outside in a colder environment than where the camera was sitting before it was installed. I just had that happen with a bullet camera and it resolved itself in a day and hasn't returned. It usually goes away in a couple of days.

You could always open it and wipe it off and it will probably be fine now.

Always a chance it didn't seal properly from factory or dislodged in travel, so opening it up is probably a good idea in this case.

AlbertoIt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I suggest to open it in a dry place (the best is to lower the air moisture letting run an air dryer) wipe and remount. Probably the issue is due to high air moisture in the factory where it was assembled.

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 5 utilizzando Tapatalk