Foggy/Washedout Image DS-2CD2142-FWD-IS

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I believe that you are dealing with IR reflection as others have mentioned. That happens sometimes with domes (and to a lessor extent, bullets) when they are installed outside. Give up; your wasting your time. Take the camera DOWN and use it inside or in the garage. Replace it with a Hikvision, Dahua or Longse turret camera. The 5MP Longse LRDC60S500 is an excellent turret camera for night vision and does a decent job during the day too.

twocents.gif

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I believe that you are dealing with IR reflection as others have mentioned. That happens sometimes with domes (and to a lessor extent, bullets) when they are installed outside. Give up; your wasting your time. Take the camera DOWN and use it inside or in the garage. Replace it with a Hikvision, Dahua or Longse turret camera. The 5MP Longse LRDC60S500 is an excellent turret camera for night vision and does a decent job during the day too.

View attachment 13671
Not ready to give up just yet! Interesting camera you just posted. Is it plug and play with the Hikvision NVRs and does it have POE built in?

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Not ready to give up just yet! Interesting camera you just posted. Is it plug and play with the Hikvision NVRs and does it have POE built in?
@klasipca runs a LRDC60S500 off an Hikvision NVR. The camera is ONVIF compliant so it should run on most modern NVR appliances. Yes it comes with POE which you have to order as a $6.00 option. Here's a video from my back yard to demo the night-vision with it's Sony IMX178 sensor and HI3516A DSP. Note that the only light being provided in this video is via the camera's built-in IR. Also, make certain you set YouTube to view this video in "HD 1080p" setting...

In addition, I personally like the Longse LBW90S500 contains the same Sony IMX178 sensor and HI3516A processor, but in a large bullet housing with more powerful IR and I personally believe it produces a better image.

However, there are others here who will argue that Dahua produces outstanding images.

Bear in mind, we're talking $100.00 price range cameras here. Spend a lot more and you'll get a lot more, but I don't know anything about those camera because I can't afford them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
(DFR..Deer Face Recognition)

Holy shit! That's fuQin' Fred! I thought an arrow got 'ol Freddy last fall!

topic_shock.gif

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Longse LRDC60S500 (daytime wind @ 10fps)...

I'm done...my apologies for treading all over the topic.

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Wow nice backyard q2u :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Well, finally got around to cleaning the optics of all my cameras, as well as repositioning the lens on the extremely foggy one, and adding a small 12mm bit of a foam ring to it as well, which was something I saw in someone else's foggy hikvision thread.

Will see tonight what the images look like, crossing my fingers!

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yeah, so adding the additional felt/foam ring did the trick, and cleaning all the optics was in dire need as well after a couple of years!

front door after.PNG front door after.PNG front door before.PNG northwall after.PNG northwall before.PNG front door after.PNG front door before.PNG northwall after.PNG northwall before.PNG

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Not sure why the pics got double posted.