Foggy/Washedout Image DS-2CD2142-FWD-IS

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thought I saw another thread on this. But seem to be having a very foggy image on my 6mm 2142FWD-IS. See below...

Capture.JPG

Below is a day time shot.

Capture2].JPG

These are just low resolution snips, but you get the idea. Is there a setting that would help that night time shot at all? If I recall in the thread I was reading the Hikvision recco was to take apart the camera and do something with a foam gasket, which seems like quite the pain particularly in -5c weather with snow coming down right now!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@pbc, the solution is the same as in the other thread, its not a settings issue. Its a mounting/installation issue.

Last edited by a moderator:

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Actually, looks like I have another issue with my Driveway camera as well. The night time video is fine, a car comes in with head lights on, and suddenly the video goes all but black (can just make out the image so it's still recording and getting motion detection green boxes as cars come by). I just checked the play back logs, and it stays that way until the morning, at which point the camera I guess goes into day time mode and then turns a pinkish hue. I just checked it now, and the night time quality is okay again?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks, will read up on that thread.

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Guess I'll have to get up on a ladder...wish I had noticed this before the snow started a couple hours ago. Ugh! Thankfully thus far only appears to be the one camera. Any ideas on the pink hue/darkening effect on the drive way camera?

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
... pics of the issue...

Capture3.JPGCapture4.JPG

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Finally got back to trying to fix the foggy issue. Cleaned out the optics but didn't improve. So I'm a bit confused as to what else to do short of buying turrets for the sides and scrapping the domes? Here is a pic of the cam if it helps..

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@pbc the lens is positioned too far down (too close to the hikvision logo) tilt it up a bit. Also point it further down to avoid the sofit and make sure you are not getting any of the wall in there.

Last edited by a moderator:

spixel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Tilt down so the soffit is out of the image, and rotate out so wall is out of the image.

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Flashlight into my old foscams used to get the IR back to normal, IR stuck for sure. Also on some fog I find if you have any finger print what so ever on my 2132's it will appear foggy. Also if you have the lens not touching the glass or need it that far down add another ring or washer (foam prefer) will tighten things up.

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Tilted the lens up a bit basically removing most of the wall) and pointed it lower away from the soffit. Definitely better than before, still seems a bit washed out?.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Tilted the lens up a bit basically removing most of the wall) and pointed it lower away from the soffit. Definitely better than before, still seems a bit washed out?.
The image posted is skewed somehow..repost a full res image, also post an image of how its mounted.

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The image posted is skewed somehow..repost a full res image, also post an image of how its mounted.
For some reason I can't seem to get the web based UI to download a pic. Says it downloads it to a directory, but when I click on the link I get an error that the file isn't found (checked the path it should be saving to and nothing is there). Will try and download ivms4200 ..

If lens at top of glass like as its max gives you foggy image too. Any picture of the camera itself ?
Pics of the actual cam here, sorry about the reflections!

20160423_101253.jpg20160423_101256.jpg20160423_101259.jpg

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hik_IP Camera3_Hik_20160423041832_274499.jpg

From ivms. Fog is only slightly better.

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So the fog has seemingly gotten worse, to the point where the image at night is basically useless. My front door also seems to have IR hot spotting? Going to get back on a latter this weekend. Was there anything in the pictures of the camera installation that shows an issue? Not sure what to do at this point, but wish I went with turrets!

front door.PNGnorth wall.PNG

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, can't remember how to get the Hikvision web app to save the files to a directory. Says the snapshots saved, but when I click on the link it provides it tells me the files don't exist. So I've simply snipped these.

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hmmm...picture at the front door looks like the "dusty bubble" picture in the pdf. The other one might be the foam ring, though not sure how to fix that. Have already moved the lens several times.