Folder named for each camera

BadBlake

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm a little confused by this and need some help here. I'd like each camera to have its own folder but I'm not quite sure how to enter this name in the Record tab of camera. Which one will create a folder named Garage:
&CAM.Garage or Garage.&CAM ? Couldn' find any help here in the forum about this.​

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You can not directly specify a folder for each camera.

you go to the system clips and archive tab, create a folder for aux1 and then on the camera record tab assign the camera to aux1. You can support a maximum of 9 cameras with this method. new, stored, aux1-7. You can not use the alert folder.

There is absolutely no reason to assign a folder per camera.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Curious as why you need to do this, I hardly ever browse the actual folder location of the saved clips, only ever done this if I need to make a backup of a clip.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
So you have to specify the recording location under the "Clips and Archiving" tab. Once you set it to "New" or "Stored" or whatever location you want, you can then go into each camera and adjust the file naming format under the "Record" tab. Here you have lots of ways you can actually have BI name the files/folders of the individual clips.

I changed the default naming scheme in the "Record" tab of each of my cameras to this for my BI server: %Y-%m-%d\&CAM\&CAM.%Y-%m-%d_%H-%M-%S. BI creates a new folder every day for the current day and then creates a sub-folder under the current date for each camera. Inside of that camera folder it then writes the actual .bvr file that is named with the cameraname.year-month-day_hour-minute-second. The only reason I do this is because BI writes the Hi-Res Alert Images (if you choose to use them) into your Alert folder with the same naming convention that you specify in the "Record" tab. So it makes it easy for me to browse the alert image with an external file browser and not have to open the BI console itself. Otherwise, you really don't need to be digging around in the actual clip folder archive and moving anything around by hand or you will have DB issue.

See the help file under the "Record" tab to get a handle on naming conventions as there are some rules you must adhere to for BI to parse the file correctly for its DB needs.

Last edited: