Folders must be discrete?

jmburton2001

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm working on setting up Pushover to replace my flaky text notifications. Both text and email notifications have images attached but they're ephemeral and not available to Pushover. I went into my "Alerts" folder and found that the newest image is from 5 years ago. I went into my "Clips and Archiving" to make sure alerts were being stored in the Alerts folder and I get the following error...

I can't do anything except Cancel. Any thoughts?

jmburton2001

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Additional information...

Blue Iris (v5.6) is logged in as an administrator.

D:\Blue Iris\ is "owned" by an administrator and "Everyone" is allowed read/write access.

Win 10 Home x64 21H1 (other tech specs are in my signature)

PS -> Gotta run for now! Thank you!

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm trying to understand why the BI database is on your D:\ drive. Normal configuration is BI program files and database on the C:\ drive with video on a separate, video rated, platter drive.

Additionally, it is not necessary to set a size limit and an age limit for any video storage directory. The best practice is to use a size limit only and let BI handle deletion as needed.

jmburton2001

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If anyone else ever comes across this error
Folders must be discrete and not subfolders of one another
here's the fix...

Just make sure every directory (folder) is unique!

In my case it was as simple as putting the database in it's own folder (plus a few minor housekeeping items).

jmh0437

n3wb
Reaction score
If anyone else ever comes across this error
Folders must be discrete and not subfolders of one another
here's the fix...

Just make sure every directory (folder) is unique!

In my case it was as simple as putting the database in it's own folder (plus a few minor housekeeping items).
Thank you