font issues on Dahua IP cameras

JayLie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Does anyone have this same issues, I bought myself some new dahua ip cams, IPC-HFW3441E-SA, running the newest firmware of V2.800.0000000.39.R, Build Date: 2022-07-26, but I'm big time annoyed by the font, of the new cams. its just plain white without the thin black border around it, and therefor I can't see the time of the video!!

good.jpg is one of my old cameras, with very old firmware and end of life
good.jpg

bad.jpg is my IPC-HFW3441E-SA
bad.jpg

any advice on how to get this font sort out?

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Go to ---> Setting----Video---Overlay---Front Attribute-

And you can change the front size and color of the text there.

JayLie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi, thank you for your message, yea I know about that, its just the default is white, so if its white, and the background in video scene is white, you cant see the time, I want my font to have a black thin outer line like its supposed to be like, I don't understand why its been removed to this horrible setup, and neither do I want my font color to be pink

JayLie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So does this bother absolutely no one that the time can't be properly seen on a bright background? ?

I'm not going to keep changing the font color every day and night just to adapt to day and night scenes, this is crazy!!!

Attachments

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So does this bother absolutely no one that the time can't be properly seen on a bright background? ?
It hasn't been 24 hours since your OP, this has been a holiday week week for many people, perhaps the person with your answer is busy or out of town....you know, busy with everyday life. So just hold on bit longer. :cool:

I'm not going to keep changing the font color every day and night just to adapt to day and night scenes.....
OK...so don't! :idk:

JayLie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It hasn't been 24 hours since your OP, this has been a holiday week week for many people, perhaps the person with your answer is busy or out of town....you know, busy with everyday life. So just hold on bit longer. :cool:
Seems fair...

JayLie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You can drag your hated time/date fonts to any other position on the camera view?
I know all that those tricks and sittings from top to bottom, its just the font these days are soooo pathetic vs. how it used to be, white font, with black outer line, that can be seen in any scenario, I think this is going to be firmware related

good.jpg
I want my new cams this this, how it used to be! with older cams

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Maybe it's just the model IPC-HFW3441E-SA got this problem? Because the 4K-X camera from Andy(Dauhua camera) is a relatively new camera
but still use default white front with black outer line. Although the black outer line seems to be not as thick as the one you posted.

The washout front from your capture seems to be too bright, maybe can lower the Brightness and add a little of WDR to it instead to balance the
overall view of the video and your front can be seen better.

Date.jpg

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
The 2431T-AS-S2 I got that is a brand new version has the outline. But it doesn't have the Font Attribute selection so I can't change the size. Not sure why they change that across various cams. You'd think that it would be something relatively simple and stable that they'd do once and carry forward in whatever code base they use.

JayLie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Maybe it's just the model IPC-HFW3441E-SA got this problem? Because the 4K-X camera from Andy(Dauhua camera) is a relatively new camera
but still use default white front with black outer line. Although the black outer line seems to be not as thick as the one you posted.

The washout front from your capture seems to be too bright, maybe can lower the Brightness and add a little of WDR to it instead to balance the
overall view of the video and your front can be seen better.

View attachment 149402
My old cameras font look just like your font when I'm running on main stream.... What model cameras are you running? as this font comes directly from the ip cameras it self

Last edited:

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
My old cameras font look just like your font when I'm running on main stream.... What model cameras are you running? as this font comes directly from the ip cameras it self
Andy's 4K-X model camera is basically equal to Dahua Model Number N85EFN2 cameras. That's one of the newsest models from Dahua.

JayLie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Andy's 4K-X model camera is basically equal to Dahua Model Number N85EFN2 cameras. That's one of the newsest models from Dahua.
Is it also WizSense and AI focusing on humans and vehicles with SMD and all that stuff ?
I was unable to find the camera in any online shop in my country...

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
yeah, you can read the review and watch the videos by Wildcat on the linked thread below. It's one of my favorite camera.

I bought mine from Andy's Amazon store for around $230 at the time. Amcrest also got their version call IP8M-TB2886EW-AI
but for $409.99.

Onto the specs

This is part of the Dahua Wizmind range so not only gets object filtering (Human, Vehicle, Non-Vehicle) as well as Face Detection, Crowd Distribution Mapping, Video Metadata and SMD (currently 2.0 but will support 3.0 when FW released). The usual IVS rules including Intrusion, Tripwire, Loitering, Parking Detection exist BUT an additional rule type (Object Monitoring) exists which allows you to track Object Placement & Object removal.

JayLie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
yeah, you can read the review and watch the videos by Wildcat on the linked thread below. It's one of my favorite camera.

I bought mine from Andy's Amazon store for around $230 at the time. Amcrest also got their version call IP8M-TB2886EW-AI
but for $409.99.

Onto the specs

This is part of the Dahua Wizmind range so not only gets object filtering (Human, Vehicle, Non-Vehicle) as well as Face Detection, Crowd Distribution Mapping, Video Metadata and SMD (currently 2.0 but will support 3.0 when FW released). The usual IVS rules including Intrusion, Tripwire, Loitering, Parking Detection exist BUT an additional rule type (Object Monitoring) exists which allows you to track Object Placement & Object removal.
that sounds awesome!!!

JayLie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I really hope someone can help me out with this IPC-HFW3441E-SA issues, and maybe share there opinion on these cams, if they happened to also have a couple of IPC-HFW3441E-SA cams

JayLie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've been running one IPC-HFW3441E-SA installed outside for some days now and its horrible!!!! the audio quality settings are pathetic, the IVS is asleep, 50% miss rate, the time font is a joke, I would give this camera 0/10 to be honest, my old IPC-HFW4421E cams are out performing that cam loose hands! ... I'm starting to regret using dahua cameras and software due to constant issues since day one, starting with SmartPSS v2 that kept crashing on my server and any other pc acting as server when I playback video, dahua support from china spend days to try fix it, it was unsuccessful, it crashed on any pc....so it wasent hardware related, and therefore I'm still using SmartPSS v1
"Failed to start playback. NETSDK returns error" was the error

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Most of us wouldn't buy that camera as it is 4MP on a 1/3" sensor, so the internals is designed for 720P.

But at the end of the day, it is probably user error more than it is dahua cameras....

Many of us run Dahua cameras fine with no problem.

Are you running default/auto settings? If so, that is part of the problem.

Are you trying to do too much with one field of view? If so that is part of the problem as well.

SmartPSS takes a lot of computer resources and you probably don't have a system strong enough to run it. Give up on that and go with Blue Iris and come out far ahead...

JayLie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Most of us wouldn't buy that camera as it is 4MP on a 1/3" sensor, so the internals is designed for 720P.

But at the end of the day, it is probably user error more than it is dahua cameras....

Many of us run Dahua cameras fine with no problem.

Are you running default/auto settings? If so, that is part of the problem.

Are you trying to do too much with one field of view? If so that is part of the problem as well.
I never run default settings, I check out everything, I've been using dahua for ages, so I'm not new to this brand or system, I'm doing the minimum, 1 or 2 trip wires max on IVS, I've noticed these cams was messedup on IVS, you can walk past the trip wire and kept will most likely miss you.