For those of you that have been on long term Metformin use and not seeing much results....

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
Just saw this study release today. They have now a 18 year study into Metformin use and it's supposed ability to help with cardiovascular events: They found out it is no more helpful than placebo. Same thing with lifestyle intervention. I'll post a link to the medical article and post a PDF file of it for those of you that may not be able to access it. That way, you can be the judge.

Attachments

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
It's too easy to believe. Also, it's too easy to believe that big Pharma has known this for all these years.
My wife was put on it years ago and had so many adverse reactions to it, she had to quit it. When she would explain her adverse reactions to some of her doctors, they treated her like she was an idiot and they had never heard of any of them. Reason was, they were getting favors from big pharma to prescribe it. Here is the most common side effects of Metformin. She had most of them. How can doctors morally prescribe something they know will cause chronic side effects like these and know that there was virtually no therapeutic result from taking it for what it was prescribed for. One of the doctors playing dumb was her cardiologist.

Screen Shot 2022-05-24 at 4.24.14 PM.png

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I have been on Metformin for a number of years now for type 2 diabetes. It has always worked for me. However as I have got older my kidney function has come down somewhat and the doctors have cut my dosage in half. I was at 2000 units and I am now at 1000 unit. 500 in the morning and 500 in the evening. So far so good. My kidney function is maintaining.

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
I have been on Metformin for a number of years now for type 2 diabetes. It has always worked for me. However as I have got older my kidney function has come down somewhat and the doctors have cut my dosage in half. I was at 2000 units and I am now at 1000 unit. 500 in the morning and 500 in the evening. So far so good. My kidney function is maintaining.
Yep, I think the article wasn't refuting the therapeutic effect of Metformin for treating active type 2 diabetes, it was refuting the cardiovascular benefits that were promised. At least, that is what I gleaned from it.