For those that do not know...use IE browser for Dahua (and others?) camera GUI to see more options

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'll take a look. My BI PC isn't currently set up, that's next on the list of jobs when I clear other works out of my house. I do like FF though so if that works, I may juts go straight to FF.

Just wondering how people turn Windows Updates permanently off as they seem to temporary only via the interface and if keeping them permanently off is recommended.
If only there were a wiki....oh wait there is LOL

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
If only there were a wiki....oh wait there is LOL

Lol, thanks but isn't that for Graphics Drivers and not Updates to Windows itself?

rbc1225

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've read a number of thread like this one. I'm a 20+ year Linux user and I have no issues using Firefox without any plugins.

Maybe I'm missing options but I don't believe so.
The reason I wanted the plugin is the extra options in the search page. As you can see down in the lower right there are more options to setup a way to download parts of the recordings. It starts with the scissors and over to the disk icon. Can you see those with Firefox? I also have a different setting screen for Backups.

1674816987365.png

rbc1225

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you haven't disabled Windows updates, do that.

The key is to keep Win10 as long as possible, shut off Windows updates, and go into Task Scheduler and delete/disable any items Windows has added that will switch to Edge and remove Explorer.

They have now made it so you cannot uninstall Edge, but then they also snuck in some Task Schedulers that run constantly. Some on my computer are running every hour and some are once a day.

They are looking for Edge updates every 12 hours and I bet one day will just wipe Explorer off your computer.

I was wondering why Edge kept updating and kept opening up along when I would open Explorer.

So for those of us that lock down and disable Windows Updates, be sure to check your Task Scheduler for any updates they have hidden here.

Here where the ones that showed up in mine one day.

1665060346278.png

Then try to delete Edge (probably won't), but hopefully this will keep Explorer on your computer.
Got it, I just disabled them. Learning a lot of new things about Windows, thanks to you guys.

HMC8403

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I set up a NVR5216-16P at my brother in laws dental office and set up Chrome Remote Desktop so I can access the system and adjust the camera settings. After logging in to the NVR/Settings/Cameras and clicking on the blue IE icon, I can reach every camera accept for one; just get the standard Can’t Be Reached warning. Does anyone know why or what settings on the camera would fix this?
D417963A-6220-48A3-9510-F3053245859D.png06E380AF-5A1F-41DB-A257-BBFB7F6E30DF.png