forgot how to set up cameras, how do i do it?

wozzzzza

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
just bought a DS-2CD2387G2-LSU/SL camera and its arrived, how do i set it up? what is its IP and password? sadp want the password but i dont know it.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The default IP address of the camera is 192.168.1.64, which may or may not be the IP address range of your system. If it has a default user/password it is username: admin Password: 12345

Unhook a computer or laptop from the internet and go into ethernet settings and using the IPv4 settings manually change the IP address to 192.168.1.100

1693519003560.png

Then power up your camera and wait a few minutes.

Then go to INTERNET EXPLORER (needs to be Explorer and not Edge or Chrome with IE tab) and type in 192.168.1.64 (default IP address of Hikvision cameras) and you will then access the camera.

Tell it your country and give it a user and password.

Then go to the camera Network settings and change the camera IP address to the range of your system and hit save.

You will then lose the camera connection.

Then reverse the process to put your computer back on your network IP address range.

Next open up INTERNET EXPLORER and type in the new IP address that you just gave the camera to access it.

OR use the SADP, but most of us prefer the above as it is one less program needed and one less chance for the cameras to phone home or for something to get screwed up.

wozzzzza

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
got it, i had to set up a second network on my laptop and spare switch as i seem to have something on 192.168.1.64, all good now
thanks.