Forgot iVMS 4200 password

shaoalan79

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
One of my customer forgot his iVMS-4200 desktop application password. Can I just remove the program and reinstall it, and setup a new admin account? Or is there any quick way to delete a secret file in the windows os to solve the problem?

Thx in advance.

Hbrown

n3wb
Reaction score
You probably can uninstall and reinstall it. However, one thing to note is that unlike most modern software where the username is not case sensitive, it is in iVMS 4200. In most software, your password is case sensitive while the username isn't. I couldn't get mine to work for about 3 weeks until I figure this out. In iVMS 4200, Admin is not the same as admin. So have your user try it using different capitalization of the username.

shaoalan79

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hbrown, thx, I've tried it. Worked. Just uninstall the program, delete everything related to it, then reinstall. You will get a fresh start.

ipOsX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Would this cure my problem? I foolishly let my son download iVMS-4200 to his Windows laptop and use my login and password to import my Hikvision cameras - all without me first creating him a new Admin account on my MacOs system running a different version of iVMS-4200. So he now has a full, working system with all privileges whereas I now have what I assume to be an "operator" account without full super admin privileges - and although I can see live views, receive alerts and change some camera configs, there is stuff I can no longer do - and - my cameras only show above the line in my Device Management window, ie none of them show up below the line as 'Online Devices'.

Ideally, I want to grab back all privileges from my son's computer and then have him start again with properly assigned new user privileges. But I don't want to risk losing all my settings/configs on my Mac.

Any advice appreciated - but I already know the one about throwing my Mac in the trash and buying a Windows machine.

XROMOI13

n3wb
Reaction score
so as not to lose all the data.you need to create a new user with admin
rights and then change the account. log in with a new user. make a backup.
to be saved. log out of ivms and log in with a new user. make a backup log out and log in as a new user