Forum Features added - "Thanks" button and @user mentions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Just a heads up that we added the ability to "Thank" someone for a post and the ability to tag / mention someone in posts. Here is how it works.

How to 'Thank' someone:

The "Thanks" button is visible below users posts and is there for you to be able to show your appreciation when someone provides you with valuable information, or if you like the post. All you have to do is press the button.

Check it out

thanks.png

After someone is thanked the box below it will show who has thanked them. I will also post this under the news & announcements section.

How to mention someone:
If you would like to mention / tag another user in a forum post, simply type @username (substituting username with the user's actual username). Here's an example @Admin

Looking forward to adding more useful features as time goes on. We are always open to suggestions

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Starting to notice xrumer bots are beginning to work their way into memberlist, so this may be a good time to set up countermeasures for registrations involving automated SFS* checks, email confirm, and Q&A to clear a reg. :cool:

stopforumspam.com

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Starting to notice xrumer bots are beginning to work their way into memberlist, so this may be a good time to set up countermeasures for registrations involving automated SFS* checks, email confirm, and Q&A to clear a reg. :cool:

stopforumspam.com
I set up stopforumspam integration a week or 2 after launch and it's been good so far. Every now and then someone gets past it though. Thanks for the flag, I appreciate it. Anytime someone flags I get an e-mail so I can remove, ban, delete and submit to stopforumspam right away :D

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Eggcellent! I had to tighten up my Q&A question to be one requiring a google search (ask an impossible question!), which was enough to foil the lax xrumer kiddies who don't want to 'join' that​ bad. :p Normal folks do the search, answer the question, and there we go. :)

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Eggcellent! I had to tighten up my Q&A question to be one requiring a google search (ask an impossible question!), which was enough to foil the lax xrumer kiddies who don't want to 'join' that​ bad. :p Normal folks do the search, answer the question, and there we go. :)
I appreciate your comment, suggestion and concern @alphawave7. All suggestions on ways to improve IPCT are always welcome :D

Last edited:

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
As long as notifications can be adjusted so you don't get them for likes, etc, fine. I dislike when I visit a forum and see new notifications, only for them to be likes or quotes. The only notification I prefer is a PM, nothing else.

Also, what happened to embedded youtube videos? Couldn't get it to work the other day. It just shows links.

Status
Not open for further replies.