Foscam App will not stream cameras

darkjfman

n3wb
Reaction score
So I made the mistake of order Foscam, everything worked for a while until a few months ago I couldn't stream the videos from the Foscam App or the OWL app. I thought it was a port issue, but it's not. I can stream them using the Foscam app if I'm connected to wifi even though streaming over mobile data is enabled, I can also stream with or without wifi through the Foscam NVR app and view recordings, as well as view them through the website login with Adobe Flash.

Any idea what might cause that?

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you scanned a QR code then you're using their cloud (server); it could be "down' or they want a subscription fee after a trial period .

You might try resetting the NVR and setup from the beginning again.

Reaction score
So I made the mistake of order Foscam, everything worked for a while until a few months ago I couldn't stream the videos from the Foscam App or the OWL app. I thought it was a port issue, but it's not. I can stream them using the Foscam app if I'm connected to wifi even though streaming over mobile data is enabled, I can also stream with or without wifi through the Foscam NVR app and view recordings, as well as view them through the website login with Adobe Flash.

Any idea what might cause that?

According to your description, if you are using the DDNS service to access the system remotely, you have to email their support team to have a look for you.

Their NVR kit might also use the P2P connection way for remote access, but you have to change some settings locally for your network.

just wonder if you connect the cameras to the NVR directly, then the cameras are under the LAN network of the NVR system, how do you view them with their camera app?

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.