Foscam + Equipment Search Tool (Version 2.0.0.2) + Gmail = Headache

Kidrio

n3wb
Reaction score
After rocking along with two older Foscam’s old: (FI8910W and FI8918W), along with the latest Equipment Search Tool (Version 2.0.0.2) I was doing fine getting motion detection stills sent to me via gmail email. Since Gmail got rid of the “less secure apps” feature, one now must jump through hoops to get emails from gmail (two step verification, generate password and all the rest.) I have not had any success configuring it out. Has anyone actually had success with this workaround? Is there an email alternative that works without the configuration headache? (yahoo, hotmail, etc.)? I remember a good while back ubntek.com would push emails for free but I believe it’s a paid service now. Also I have no idea if it still works. Any input and suggestions most welcome! Thank You!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This is for the Dahua NVR but the Gmail steps are the same regardless.

Kidrio

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank You! I have watched the video (and other's similar), gone through all the steps with no luck :(
Still interested in this part of my original post: Is there an email alternative that works without the configuration headache? (yahoo, hotmail, etc.)? I remember a good while back ubntek.com would push emails for free but I believe it’s a paid service now. Also I have no idea if it still works.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The problem is almost every provider is going thru (or will soon) as they try to combat spam.

I know some have hosted their own email to get around that, but I think there are fees with those as well.

Kidrio

n3wb
Reaction score
After a third full, careful and fastidious attempt, success! Thanks for your replies, they had just enough motivation for me to give it yet another go. All my best :)

AldoX

n3wb
Reaction score
Same problem - I created an hotmail account that seems to work so far