Foscam F18910W - Snap pics & store on local drive

critterles

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This is a very good camera and I can easily send pictures to auto update my web site but I have not found an app to take pictures every 30 minutes and put them on my own network drive. This would seem to be such a simple task compared to FTP to the server. I want to write to my local drive so I can rename the file and then move it to an auto post directory that will place the image on a specific web page. The current Foscam software does not overwrite the existing file and creates a renamed file with a counter extension.
Any suggested alternate software would be greatly appreciated.

critterles

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
thanks for the lead. Blue Iris does appear to do what I wanted and so so much more. I was hoping for something free considering how simple my needs are. Purchasing multiple licenses can get costly. Thank you

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
its 60 dollars for as many cameras as your pc can handle..there is no per camera fee.
If you dont need remote access or alerts you can see if ispy can handle it(its free, but they charge an insane monthly fee for alerts and remote access)..
The issue is that most cameras are not designed to delete snapshots after they post them...otherwise any camera can post snapshots or you can pull jpegs from them..you can probably automate the process with a script..
What are you using this camera for? weather station?

critterles

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just got Yawcam working but it is only for one camera. I have a few cameras set up to take pictures of sales items in a store. I want to create a new image from each camera every 30 minutes. Yawcam creates an image after 30 minutes in the specified directory, NCH Fling then recognizes a change to that directory and FTP uploads the new file to the webpage. The old file is overwritten. Webpage auto updated. I have tried this using my Foscam IP cam but the Foscam software will not overwrite. Foscam adds a counter to the filename and the new filename is different and does not display.

critterles

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm only looking to store the last image from each cam. It may be late or maybe I'm having a senior moment but I don't see a link to a software that does this. I have read through the Focam page. Foscam even told me they can not write files and overwrite.

critterles

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You are very welcome.

Here are many live examples using all the different Foscam IP Camera models with this Interface. Using the Interface in many different ways:

http://107.170.59.150/foscam/

Of course, the Interface can be used with any IP Camera that you can pull snapshots with using HTTP or HTTPS access methods as well. For static and automatic refreshed images, from your IP Cameras.

Don
When I clicked on your link to see the cams, I saw another link. Do I understand correctly your software is available and for $10 you will add 1 hours support to help get it set up on my site?

I will be the first to admit I am not fluent in PHP, even though I used to code a lot years ago. Is your solution difficult to setup?
you can contact me privately at osbornetan@sbcglobal.net if you wish.

Thank you for all the help.

Les