Foscam F19826W Troubleshoot / Repair

Reaction score
I have a Foscam F19826W camera, it worked great until i plugged in the wrong PS.
The PS was a 12 v output and the camera is 5V.
Immediately removed the 12 V PS and FOUND the CORRECT PS.
Plugged it in and YES, it would not come on.
Used another Foscam PS to test both PS and they are working, checked output with Volt Meter.
The 19826, wont power up.
ANYONE out there that has board level troubleshooting experience or even similar experience, would appreciate advice or guidance

C. Parker

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Wow. Most 12VDC cam connectors are 5.5mm outside x 2.1mm inside and 5VDC are 3.5mm outside x 1.35mm inside to prevent such an issue.
I had it's cousin, the Foscam FI19831, for a couple of years and it was always something going on with it; had to power-cycle it every few weeks, had 2 bad 5VDC power supplies, etc. Finally it was bombarding Blue Iris VMS with error messages by the thousands in just a few hours.

Sitting in its place for the last few months is a Dahua-rebrand, the Amcrest IP2M-841 for $60. I have also installed 4 of its 720p cousins, the IPM-721 and all have been glitch-free for a couple of years now.
If it were me, I'd opt for spending some bucks on a better cam instead of spending any time on that Foscam.

P.S. - Welcome to IPCT! :wave:

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.