FOSCAM FI9816P v2 cannot load trust file /mnt/mtd/app/etc/ca-certificates.crt

joan15

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, I have a problem performing the email test, the following error appears:
cannot load trust file /mnt/mtd/app/etc/ca-certificates.crt: error:02001002:system library:fopen:No such file or directory

My configuration is as follows:

SMTP: smtp.gmail.com
SMTP Port:465
Transport Layer Security: TLS
Need Authentication: yes
SMTP Username: usernameemail@gmail.com
SMTP Password: passwordemail
Sender E-mail: usernameemail@gmail.com
First Receiver:usernameemail@gmail.com

I use the latest firmware version and have also tested 587 tls, 587 startls and I have activated Access less secure apps on Google.
What could be the problem?

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
The "No such file or directory" error makes it seem like the file or folder structure is missing. Did you do a firmware update recently?

joan15

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, the email service stopped working and the error I mentioned appeared. Then I upgraded the firmware to the latest version and the same error still appears.
Is there any way to fix the structure?

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
OK - I think there are two separate issues going on here. First, there are some threads about issues with sending via gmail accounts, you should search that out. Second, I think what you have is a case of a bad firmware update. Foscam doesn't expose the operating system that runs the camera so the fix may be to see you can either 1.) re-apply the firmware update or 2.) roll back to the previous version of firmware. Once that is stable, then you can look at the email issue.

Reaction score
You need to upgrade the camera.
Ask the support to provide you with the email patch file to solve it.

joan15

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks, I have sent email to support and sent me a patch that has solved the problem.