Foscam FI9900P - Motion Detection

wpansani

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm having trouble with motion detection on this camera, it detects only if the movement is about 2~3 meters from the camera.

I configured via the mobile Foscam app the sensitivity to high, but remains the same.

It is normal? Or exist some other place to configure?

Thanks!

Bigg1es

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Foscam software is terrible, you are better off using a third party package such as Blue Iris which is the one I use. The camera just streams video to Blue Iris and Blue Iris takes care of all the recording and motion detection. You can set all sorts of parameters so you have complete control. You can set the size of the object to trigger it , you can set the amount of movement and lots more.

wpansani

n3wb
Reaction score
Foscam software is terrible, you are better off using a third party package such as Blue Iris which is the one I use. The camera just streams video to Blue Iris and Blue Iris takes care of all the recording and motion detection. You can set all sorts of parameters so you have complete control. You can set the size of the object to trigger it , you can set the amount of movement and lots more.
If I'm not mistaken, Blue Iris can be installed only on computer, right?

There is another solution using a NVR? I'm using a Hikvision 7104 NVR and it has a motion detection system, but appears that FI9900P doesn't send the motion detection event via ONVIF.