Foscam G2 and Blue Iris

rayjj

n3wb
Reaction score
I'll preface this by stating I'm no expert with this stuff, but I do have BI running for a few years now with a whole bunch of Foscam cameras. Just picked up some G2s on Cyber Monday, but for the life of me cant get them set up in BI. I got them all set up and can see them in the Foscam app and on my PC with the Foscam software. Any input appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Assuming they're on the same LAN subnet as the BI server and you have already logged into each cam's webGUI and assigned unique static IP's that are outside your router's DHCP pool (whew!), in BI have you gone to "add new camera", put the camera IP, camera username and password into BI and had it perform a "Find/Inspect" ?

EDIT: BTW, the default HTTP port for most Foscams in NOT the normal 80, it's 88 so you log in with Internet Explorer with a URL such as:
Code:
http://camera-IP:88
If you struggle logging into the cam and setting it up in BI, I suggest you go to Foscam Support and download their manual for that cam and also their cam finder tool. Page 6 of the manual contains info on cam log in.

Last edited:

rayjj

n3wb
Reaction score
Assuming they're on the same LAN subnet as the BI server and you have already logged into each cam's webGUI and assigned unique static IP's that are outside your router's DHCP pool (whew!), in BI have you gone to "add new camera", put the camera IP, camera username and password into BI and had it perform a "Find/Inspect" ?

EDIT: BTW, the default HTTP port for most Foscams in NOT the normal 80, it's 88 so you log in with Internet Explorer with a URL such as:
Code:
http://camera-IP:88
If you struggle logging into the cam and setting it up in BI, I suggest you go to Foscam Support and download their manual for that cam and also their cam finder tool. Page 6 of the manual contains info on cam log in.
Yes have done everything you mentioned, BI just fails to find the cameras. Never had an issue setting up any of my other Foscams in BI, not sure why these are giving me trouble.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes have done everything you mentioned, BI just fails to find the cameras. Never had an issue setting up any of my other Foscams in BI, not sure why these are giving me trouble.

Did you scan a QR code with the app during setup? Then it may be depending on the cloud and BI won't see it. In the future, avoid reolink and Foscam cams.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
+1^^.
@rayjj ,
if you did scan a QR code, reset cam and start all over, avoid scanning anything.

Did you include the ":88" (colon 88) after the IP when typing into BI?

Last edited:

rayjj

n3wb
Reaction score
+1^^.
@rayjj ,
if you did scan a QR code, reset cam and start all over, avoiding it scanning anything.

Did you include the ":88" (colon 88) after the IP when typing into BI?
I did initially scan the code, but then I did reset it. I have different ports for all my cameras so I did add the correct port number that I had changed it to.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I dunno, man.....which I could be of more help. One last try.....

Specs say "ONVIF", if so you could put the free ODM on your PC, run it, put in cam IP (or select found cam) and then select "Live Video", look for the URL of the RSTP stream at bottom right of ODM's screen.
Try that URL in VLC as a "network stream" to make sure.
If good, move that path over to BI.

EDIT: URL in VLC must have colon plus the RTSP port (usually 554) after the cam IP.

rayjj

n3wb
Reaction score
I dunno, man.....which I could be of more help. One last try.....

Specs say "ONVIF", if so you could put the free ODM on your PC, run it, put in cam IP (or select found cam) and then select "Live Video", look for the URL of the RSTP stream at bottom right of ODM's screen.
Try that URL in VLC to make sure.
If good, move that path over to BI.
I'll give it a try and report back over the weekend. Thx

rayjj

n3wb
Reaction score
You're welcome.
More...
URL in VLC must have colon plus the RTSP port (usually 554) after the cam IP.
Following up finally got around to this, got it all set. Never intended to run as many cams as I am, so my rhcp range on router was interfering with what I was assigning. Fixed that and reset the cameras and all is working. Thanks for all the input! Now just need to snag me a larger HD to record all these clips.