Foscam R2 Stream URL question

Apposite

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm currently running a few of these cameras in blue iris and they work fine, but I'm trying to find the stream url to load up the stream in my browser.

I've tried all manner of rtsp as well as http urls and I've had no luck. However my cameras work just fine in Blue Iris. Is there anyway for me to see exactly what url Blue Iris is using to access the camera feed?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Go to camera settings==>>video==>>configure and look at video path & parameters.
It's likely "rtsp:/camera-IP:554/VideoMain" (of course, use 2 "/" after rtsp).
Not sure where user and password fits in.
Try it with VLC instead of a browser (none stream RTSP) and if the above URL works come back and we'll find user/pass fit.

Last edited:

Apposite

n3wb
Reaction score
I've checked there, however there isn't much to go on as you can see in the SS below. I've tried RTSP and HTTP in VLC already, and it doesn't seem to want to accept my username and password. I've tried both having the username and password in the url (rtsp:/Username: PW@ip: port/videoMain) and in the authentication box that pops up if the url is passed without any username or password parameters.
1589743174147.png

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Have you tried the free ODM? If your cam is, in fact, ONVIF-capable and it's enabled, when you log into cam with ODM and select 'Live Video' the RTSP stream URL should be revealed down at bottom right (I believe).

Apposite

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes. ODM responds with something along the lines of "no ONVIF listener available".

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes. ODM responds with something along the lines of "no ONVIF listener available".
How about that screenshot again like in post #3 but this time show all of it, including the camera IP (it's OK to show that, it's a private IP on your LAN, it's not your public WAN IP).
You can blank out your user/pass.
Have you logged into the cam's webGUI to see if ONVIF has a place where it's enabled/disabled?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This correct?
Yep, like that...thanks!

1) As in my post #6:
"Have you logged into the cam's webGUI to see if ONVIF has a place where it's enabled/disabled? "
2) Have you tried this with VLC? Note "88", not "554":
Code:
rtsp:/camera-IP:88/VideoMain
(of course, use 2 "/" after rtsp).
If that works, try :
Code:
rtsp:/username:password@camera-IP:88/VideoMain

Last edited:

Apposite

n3wb
Reaction score
when I attempt to use that rtsp format in vlc it asks for authentication and I enter my username and password and then the authentication window just pops back up. My username and password aren't incorrect as they work in both blue iris and the webgui.

To your first question ONVIF is enabled for my cameras.