Foscam R5 IR LED's

Reaction score
I recently bought one of these cameras....as needed a "high quality" camera image pointing out of the window towards my garage.

It's an indoor camera, as I have no way of mounting the camera outside at the height I need to see over in to the garage yard.

I saw that the camera had "Smart" night vision via the IR LED's....but I didn't realise that you can't turn this feature off. It's fully automatic when the light gets to a certain level.

Problem is, I have this in the 2nd floor window, and when the IR lights come on, of course they reflect in the window, which defeats the object at night. There's enough residual light at night not to need the night vision for the camera to see an image.

I have tried everything I can think of, like the Foscam App, and the IR off setting in BlueIris, but doesn't affect it at all.

I have now resorted to covering the LEDs as best as I can, but they aren't easy to get to as the cowling protrudes in front of them.

I have a much older Foscam FI9826P V2 indoor PTZ cam as a weather cam that allows you to turn off the LEDs and does have an enhanced night vision mode without the LEDs, and although grainy, you can see what is going on outside....don't understand why the R5 wasn't designed the same way

Keith L.

n3wb
Reaction score
Same issue with an X3E, all my other Foscam cameras permit IR LED control in the app. Did you ever find a solution?