Foscam VMS settings won't stick

Reaction score
I have several R2's and R5's. I'm trying to reduce the resolution so there will be less traffic on my Wi-Fi. Whatever I do, when I change the settings in VMS and hit apply, it says success. When I open the settings again, they are back to what they were originally. I'm at a loss.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have several R2's and R5's. I'm trying to reduce the resolution so there will be less traffic on my Wi-Fi. Whatever I do, when I change the settings in VMS and hit apply, it says success. When I open the settings again, they are back to what they were originally. I'm at a loss.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
Are you opening an embedded webGUI in the camera with it's IP in a browser or is that using a phone app?
If the former, try IE or Pale Moon 32 bit.

Reaction score
So from what I understand, the only way is to use VMS, foscam's windows app to change the advanced settings. VMS is ancient and clunky.

I have 2 R2's left that I remember changing through the browser back in the day, but my newer R5's (7 of them) show a message saying only the android or windows apps can interface.

I'm more concerned about the R5's. Each one insists on pushing super high def to blue iris and my mesh system is on its knees. The R5's also don't have an Ethernet port that I know of.

Edit: Syntax