Found a way to defeat the zone-crossing detection. Anyway to fix it?

luder888

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a camera with several zones set up with zone crossing detection enabled.

If I walk, stop for couple seconds (just enough for the green object rectangle to disappear), then walk again, then stop, I'm able to disable to zone crossing detection. I tried increasing the Make time from 5 seconds to 30 seconds, but the green rectangle still disappeared right after movement stopped.

Is there a way to control how long the green rectangle stays lit, so BI will wait a little bit longer before deciding movement has stopped thus cancelling the zone-crossing event?

wcrowder

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a camera with several zones set up with zone crossing detection enabled.

If I walk, stop for couple seconds (just enough for the green object rectangle to disappear), then walk again, then stop, I'm able to disable to zone crossing detection. I tried increasing the Make time from 5 seconds to 30 seconds, but the green rectangle still disappeared right after movement stopped.

Is there a way to control how long the green rectangle stays lit, so BI will wait a little bit longer before deciding movement has stopped thus cancelling the zone-crossing event?
Min. Duration [ ] MAKE Time should be 1 second, or if inside 0.2 (if you don't have rats or mice), Pre-trigger video buffer should be 5 seconds, BREAK time should be 30 seconds.

If you move it will start recording 5 seconds ago, if you move again in 30 seconds it will keep recording, wait 30 seconds perfectly still then try again, process repeats... Record 24/7 and then you have it all with a pretty little picture of you trying your best at looking really stupid... Duh.

Last edited by a moderator: