Found This Bike In Our Yard

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
The local PD told me they no longer pick up stolen bikes. I checked the serial number on both the Bike Index and Project 529 web sites but it wasn't listed. Three days later someone came up the same street at the exact same time of day and they appeared to be looking for something. They were only up here for about a minute, but they left carrying a large unknown item. I will post that video next.

Reaction score
So he is using a flashlight looking along the gutter/curb of the street. He comes back 4 minutes later with a bike, but he is not riding it, he is walking it. As he comes down the hill walking the bike, the motion flood light comes on. Did he get the bike from that yard?

Maybe he is staging stolen things for pickup later? He had a backpack on that looked kind of full. I have had door checkers in my neighborhood go into back yards and open garages and pull out bikes and scooters, lay them at the curb and come back later to get them. Was the bike hidden?

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
So he is using a flashlight looking along the gutter/curb of the street. He comes back 4 minutes later with a bike, but he is not riding it, he is walking it. As he comes down the hill walking the bike, the motion flood light comes on. Did he get the bike from that yard?

Maybe he is staging stolen things for pickup later? He had a backpack on that looked kind of full. I have had door checkers in my neighborhood go into back yards and open garages and pull out bikes and scooters, lay them at the curb and come back later to get them. Was the bike hidden?
I think you might be right about the staging things for later pickup. He did not take the bike from the house with the motion light. He had the bike before he triggered the motion light. Three days later someone else came up that hill at the exact same time of day with a flashlight in hand. They were only up here for a little over a minute. But they left carrying a large unknown item. I will post the video next. Both of the tires were flat, so that might be why he wasn't riding it. I put air in the tires that same morning and the tires are fine. Bike seems to be in good shape.

Last edited: