Fox and Opossum nighttime encounter

windguy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Very cool. How is it that you get all this wildlife in the sweet spot of your cam? Do you bait the area?
Would be fun to see a running list of what you've captured (on camera).

Maybe the moderator should make a special thread for "WILDLIFE CAMS & CAPTURES".

ctgoldwing

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Very cool. How is it that you get all this wildlife in the sweet spot of your cam? Do you bait the area?
Would be fun to see a running list of what you've captured (on camera).

Maybe the moderator should make a special thread for "WILDLIFE CAMS & CAPTURES".
Well we live in a heavily wooded area. Our house is about 500' off the road. In the past we have seen a load of wildlife including foxes, deer, opossum, hawks, owls - the typical run of the mill variety. My interest we piqued when a bear got into our garbage containers that are kept by the street and our postman constantly telling me he sees bobcats around the neighborhood. I did see the bear a few days around the corner after he munched on our garbage. I really wanted to catch the bobcat - no luck so far.

I placed the camera where it is because it seemed to be a 'passing thru' area for the animals. Less than 20m from the camera is where the foxes have denned almost every year. The only 'baiting' I've done is to put out an overripe pepper and salmon dosed with ivermectin for the fox that has mange. Both the healthy one and the mangy one ate some. There was a bird feeder out there that the bear must have knocked down months ago. Besides eating our plants there must be something under the leaves that the deer keep coming back for. I'm not sure what the opossum family is eating but I have some clips of them on our front stoop - that drives our dogs crazy.

Now that I'm working from home I'll probably have time to put together a series of the clips - good idea, thanks!

windguy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Sounds like a great property. Looking forward to seeing more clips.
I went to a summer camp in the early 70's near Bantam, CT. Don't remember much wildlife, but that was a long time ago.

ctgoldwing

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Sounds like a great property. Looking forward to seeing more clips.
I went to a summer camp in the early 70's near Bantam, CT. Don't remember much wildlife, but that was a long time ago.
lol, you may not remember wildlife up there in Bantam but there is a load more there than here :)
Here is a google satellite shot of where I am. You can see the wide wooded area that runs north / south (for miles) right by our house.:

1584392415298.png

windguy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks for the map. That is a heavily wooded area with a pretty large wildlife corridor. No shortage of firewood.
Pretty sweet spot to live. You picked a good location. Good isolation with some amenities a short drive away.