Fox - Raccoon encounter at night

ctgoldwing

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
These guys are always in the 'neighborhood' and it had to happen that they run into each other. I was just surprised that the fox would go after such a big animal.

I hadn't seen this clip when I made the original post. This is the video that preceded Rocky and Freddy

Prequel

Rocky Raccoon meet Freddy Fox

Last edited:

Keyboard

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I wonder if the fox was just chasing the racoon away because it was too close to a den of pups.

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I wonder who would win that battle if they got into it.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
What do you do to deter raccoons?

ctgoldwing

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What do you do to deter raccoons?
We don't get that many raccoons around here. I had one very bad experience with one about 7 years ago. I have fenced off about 1-1/2 acres in the back of our house for our dogs. A raccoon got in there and the dogs treed it. Got some pix of it in the tree. Very cute. Not so cute when one of our dogs died a few weeks later of Lepto ( Leptospirosis). I got a real education about it after the fact. It's spread by the dogs sniffing the raccoon urine. If I ever see one in the fenced area I will probably kill it.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Wire mesh worked for me to an extent where the small openings were, but occasionally I'll still see 1 or 2 raccoons around, and in some instances pregnant raccoons :eek: If I do come across a stray cat, I notice they have a great leaping ability

We don't get that many raccoons around here. I had one very bad experience with one about 7 years ago. I have fenced off about 1-1/2 acres in the back of our house for our dogs. A raccoon got in there and the dogs treed it. Got some pix of it in the tree. Very cute. Not so cute when one of our dogs died a few weeks later of Lepto ( Leptospirosis). I got a real education about it after the fact. It's spread by the dogs sniffing the raccoon urine. If I ever see one in the fenced area I will probably kill it.

ctgoldwing

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I made my fence out of 4X4's and 4' high 'turkey wire'. It fences an area mostly in the woods. I have no doubt a raccoon could climb over it - one of my labs was able to do it.