Foxes spooked by coyote

ctgoldwing

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The 2 adult foxes are caught in this clip. One is far in the background near the IR illuminators. You can see they hear something in the woods and then take off in opposite directions. The coyote appears on the left by the tree line. I don't have a good feeling about the fox litter in the den. The coyote is heading right for it and its not far away.

Foxes and Coyote

Reaction score
Was the coyote making noises that they could here? Because they wasted no time getting out of there. Was he eating something you put out for them?

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Your backyard sure attracts the wildlife. A friend and I were camping out in the Mojave Desert one evening. Getting toward dusk the Grey foxes would come out and hunt around. Funny thing is once it started to just get a little dark it was very hard to spot them as they blended into the back ground so well.

ctgoldwing

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Was the coyote making noises that they could here? Because they wasted no time getting out of there. Was he eating something you put out for them?
I don't have any mics out there but I'm guessing they heard him coming stepping on all the dead leaves on the ground. I don't really feed them but the one in the background I believe has mange so I have been putting out 'bait' for him laced with ivermectin , an effective treatment. I put it out weekly sometimes on sunflower seeds or a few pieces of small cooked chicken. That's the area where the sunflower seeds were left.

Reaction score
I don't have any mics out there but I'm guessing they heard him coming stepping on all the dead leaves on the ground. I don't really feed them but the one in the background I believe has mange so I have been putting out 'bait' for him laced with ivermectin , an effective treatment. I put it out weekly sometimes on sunflower seeds or a few pieces of small cooked chicken. That's the area where the sunflower seeds were left.
Yeah the leaves would be loud enough for them to here it. Hopefully it will help him with the mange.