FPS dropped to 1-4 and CPU very low 4-8%, not sure what's going on

nutshellml

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So all of a sudden I noticed all of my cams have lowered the FPS to 1-4 and the CPU usage is very low. Not sure what happened. Video driver still the same as it's always been, latest BI running on my Win 10.

Thoughts?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So all of a sudden I noticed all of my cams have lowered the FPS to 1-4 and the CPU usage is very low. Not sure what happened. Video driver still the same as it's always been, latest BI running on my Win 10.

Thoughts?
Login to the camera via browser...is the fps low? If so you have a network issue

nutshellml

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How can i tell from my browser the FPS? I'm looking (prob is now no action), but pretty sure it's slow as watching clock.

Also, loggin directly in seems slow to respond, when clicking the tabs... Not sure what it can be... internet speed is fine...

When I ping my BI CPU, seems fine, 0% loss
When I ping some cams, i'm getting loss 25-50%

I changed out the POE yesterday and was working fine. The original 8port BVTech died replaced w/ another BVTech

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
How can i tell from my browser the FPS? I'm looking (prob is now no action), but pretty sure it's slow as watching clock.

Also, loggin directly in seems slow to respond, when clicking the tabs... Not sure what it can be... internet speed is fine...

When I ping my BI CPU, seems fine, 0% loss
When I ping some cams, i'm getting loss 25-50%

I changed out the POE yesterday and was working fine. The original 8port BVTech died replaced w/ another BVTech
Is the bi PC connected to the same switch or to the router?

nutshellml

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is the bi PC connected to the same switch or to the router?
BI machine connected to smart managed 24 port switch. The BV POE switch is also connected to the 24 port switch.

You thinking my new POE switch may crapped out? Any way to trouble shoot? Connect something to the POE switch and see if it crashes/has slow response?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
If all the cams have the same high levels of packet loss then it is most likely a problem with a cable or switch between the device doing the pinging and all the cameras.

nutshellml

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If all the cams have the same high levels of packet loss then it is most likely a problem with a cable or switch between the device doing the pinging and all the cameras.
Ok. I’ll troubleshoot the cable from Poe to managed 24 switch. If it’s not that then has to be poe. All cams having same problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nutshellml

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So I swapped out the patch cable from my POE Switch to my main switch.

It looks like same problem, would consensus be that it's a bad POE Switch (mind you I just got it 2 days ago). Any other way to tell for sure?

What POE switches do you all recommend if I have to get another? If I remember correctly there is no need for a Gigabit switch, correct? I'm not using any other devices just 7 cameras.

Update: Poe switch connected directly to modem/router and I connected only two cameras and FPS went up to 15, could be a power issue w/ my POE?

Poe switch connected to 24 port manages and FPS went down to about 3-5 w two cameras connected.

Last edited: