Frame Rate ?

David Morcos

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My frame rate for night mode is set at 12 fps.
For Day mode it is set at 30 fps.
Both are CBR.

What I have noticed that at night the video will switch to 12 fps, the in the morning when the cam switches to day mode it never goes back to 30 fps. It stays at 12 and motion is blurry.

Is there anything I can do to make it switch to the actual fps.

I have Amcrest cams that will switch back and forth, but I can't figure out what I am doing wrong here.

thanks for any ideas.

Mr_D

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Slow frame rate will make video choppy, but not blurry. Blurry is a function of motion and shutter speed. Why not just use 12fps all the time. You're capturing potential evidence, not making a movie.

David Morcos

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
MR D, i did mean choppy. And yes, while I could use 12fps for both I would like to be able to use the higher rate when I choose if that is possible. And since all other parameters change accordingly when switching between day & night mode I don't understand why the rate stays at the lowest setting.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
MR D, i did mean choppy. And yes, while I could use 12fps for both I would like to be able to use the higher rate when I choose if that is possible. And since all other parameters change accordingly when switching between day & night mode I don't understand why the rate stays at the lowest setting.
You can't change the FPS rate based on day/night.
10fps is plenty for most applications.

David Morcos

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks to all for the input. I just wanted to know if it was possible since I have that flexibility & ability with amcrest cams.
I Love the SD49225T-HN Dahua that I am using. More like a fun thing for me, and the images day and night are absolutely wonderful.

As far as practical, what is for you is not necessary practical for me. If I want to see where a Cooper hawk is coming from to my feeder, 10fps is useless. 30fps would be great, and 60 even better. I would of course for either have to manually change the setting every morning and remember to do it. No practical.

Thanks again guys.