Free windows applications for viewing sd card playback

yz250f

n3wb
Reaction score
Recently got a Dahua cam in addition to the hikvision I have been using the last two years. I'm happy with the event detection and local SD storage for both cameras and not having to need any dedicated NVR. It fits my needs just fine, until I got the Duhua. The playback via web browser is horrible. What software options are out there that I can view local SD card footage? It's been hard to sort through software feature lists for this capability.

yz250f

n3wb
Reaction score
Anything out there that can do both Dahua and hikvision playback?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Recently got a Dahua cam in addition to the hikvision I have been using the last two years. I'm happy with the event detection and local SD storage for both cameras and not having to need any dedicated NVR. It fits my needs just fine, until I got the Duhua. The playback via web browser is horrible. What software options are out there that I can view local SD card footage? It's been hard to sort through software feature lists for this capability.
Define horrible, what exact dahua model # cams did you get?
I use a browser all the time with my Dahua's, for SD card play back and rarely have any issue's.

yz250f

n3wb
Reaction score
Horrible as in lag when pause/play is clicked, can only slide the progress bar in 1 sec increments and it's also laggy. Much happier with SmartPSS.