Front door camera angle and interference, can I get this to work?

LocoRob

n3wb
Reaction score
Now that I know where I can put some cameras on the back of my house, figure see if I'm on the right track for the front of the house. I attached two pictures showing the corner where I would position the camera, and the view the camera would have (via my android phone camera).

The top left corner where the roof meets the side of the house is where I can safely drill a hole without having to go out and buy an extremely expensive 3/4 hammer drill bit to fish terminated Cat cable through. The only problem I see about this spot, and unfortunately only spot I have to work with, is that there is a light to the left of the door that could play interference during the night with NV on the camera, and the fact I'll pick up some of the roof line, pillar, and miscellaneous things that are part of my front porch.

To help mitigate I'm thinking I'd need at least a 6mm lens, likely do a 4mp turrent, unless that is considered overkill for this distance I'm working with and should do a 3mp turret and run NV at 2mp?

Any thoughts or advice? Thanks again all!

Attachments

MikeSav

n3wb
Reaction score
The top left corner where the roof meets the side of the house is where I can safely drill a hole without having to go out and buy an extremely expensive 3/4 hammer drill bit to fish terminated Cat cable through.
You can rent a hammer drill at Home Depot. I think it is around $3-5/4hrs or $12-15/24hrs.

hook3m

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If you go with a 6mm lens all you are going to see is the car. Stick with a 4mm.

Euly

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Here is a handy image guide I found somewhere on the internet. It helped me figure out the best lens to use, so maybe it will help you.

Edit: I tried to find the website for reference, but I had no luck. Sorry about the watermarks. I have no clue where this image came from.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator: