Front door question

ThorMan

n3wb
Reaction score
I am thinking of getting IPC-HDW5231R-Z for my front door entryway. My walkway to the front door is parallel to the front of the house and the walkway is about 15' before reaching the front door. I want to be able to see who is walking to the front door but I don't need facial recognition until they are closer.

Will this camera be good? Which mount do you recommend to use with it, since the walkway is parallel to the front of the house, I want to make sure I can angle it in a way to catch the walkway.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
I am thinking of getting IPC-HDW5231R-Z for my front door entryway. My walkway to the front door is parallel to the front of the house and the walkway is about 15' before reaching the front door. I want to be able to see who is walking to the front door but I don't need facial recognition until they are closer.

Will this camera be good? Which mount do you recommend to use with it, since the walkway is parallel to the front of the house, I want to make sure I can angle it in a way to catch the walkway.
Post a picture

tygger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is the cam I'm using for my front door. It's vari focal so you can adjust it as needed. I have mine mounted above the porch light so that it would be out of reach, but the downside is that you can't see faces if people are wearing hats. Consider using one of the domes at eye level.