Front Glass issue

oknoob

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi all i was cleanning all my cams,and found this on my LPR 5241.Any idea how cleaned or remove that. Is in the outside because i can see it and feel it.
Hope can be seen in the pictures.

Attachments

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
Looks like some type of protective film that has failed. Is it affecting the image?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Did you use a harsh cleaner? That appears to be a sealant or anti-glare coating that has been destroyed.

oknoob

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I only use a rag with water,nothing else the image is looking bad. This camera is only like 2 yrs old.
Actually at nigth the image looks mess up. Day image looks good for now

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Could just be acidic rain if it gets hit a lot from rain or a failure of the film itself.

oknoob

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I dont know how long is Andy warranty or even if it cover that issue.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Can you tell if it's etched or are there some kind of deposits on it? i.e., are the areas depressed or raised?

If the former, not much you can do.

If the latter maybe try some white vinegar first. Stronger and more harsh, CLR or similar. Next would be something with some physical removal properties like Bartender's friend.

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
If it's build-up, put a lil bit of toothpaste on your finger and rub the surface. Clean it off with a moist, soft towel.

There's micro abrasives in it that do a great job of buffing the surface

edit: Rubbing it with a paste made of cornstarch and water will also do a great job of cleaning the surface

Reaction score
I have two 5241 Z12E cams for LPR in a box. Just cleaned both today with a spray that is from Sunglass hut made for coated eyeglasses. The East one came out just fine.

But using it on the West one did not remove what looks like calcium deposits, most likely from my lawn sprinklers. I am going to try all of the ideas you folks have posted, one at a time of course.

Does anyone know for sure if the glass has any coating on it?