Frustrated user, please help with settings!

jaxdawg

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all, I'm so thankful to have found this forum!
I have BI version 3.09 and a Foscam FI8918W wireless IP camera. My camera (only 1) is inside the house and after much tweaking it only sporadically recorded video. Since its inside, I'd like it to record everything that comes into its field of view. I went through this forum and changed settings based on recommendations that had been posted. Now it won't record at all. I'm very frustrated. Attached are the current settings. Can someone please let me know what settings I specifically need? Again, it's indoors so I want to record everything that comes into its field of view. Please help!
Thanks
Randymotion trigger.JPGrecord tab.JPG

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello all, I'm so thankful to have found this forum!
I have BI version 3.09 and a Foscam FI8918W wireless IP camera. My camera (only 1) is inside the house and after much tweaking it only sporadically recorded video. Since its inside, I'd like it to record everything that comes into its field of view. I went through this forum and changed settings based on recommendations that had been posted. Now it won't record at all. I'm very frustrated. Attached are the current settings. Can someone please let me know what settings I specifically need? Again, it's indoors so I want to record everything that comes into its field of view. Please help!
Thanks
RandyView attachment 7740View attachment 7741
Welcome to the forum...the first thing you need to do is update to 3.66, 3.09 is four years old. Go to the bottom and see legacy versions. http://blueirissoftware.com/updates/
Did you just purchase this software? if so you were ripped off. Version 4 has been out for over a year. I would HIGHLY recommend upgrading to v4. The upgrade is only 30 dollars for v3 users. If you just purchased the software return it to the seller and buy from the link above.

BRADC

n3wb
Reaction score
You want to turn off the enable on the trigger tab. You want to check continuously on the video tab.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You want to turn off the enable on the trigger tab. You want to check continuously on the video tab.
That doesnt solve the problem. The user wants motion detection.

ThePeacockRanch

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
For better motion detection, you need to slide both sensitivity sliders to the left. Adjust to the right to eliminate false alarms from smaller objects like birds, insects, etc.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
what peacockranch said. motion-detection recording will only trigger for objects that are 'bigger' than the box. since your 'trigger' box almost fills the image frame, it'll only trigger on HUGE (almost impossible) changes in the picture...

jaxdawg

n3wb
Reaction score
Ahhh ... thanks all. Obviously, I had the motion detection backwards. Didn't understand it. Yes, I've had the software for a while and will be upgrading to 4 shortly.
Much appreciated. I'll report back after the changes and updates.