FTP 2 Sizes of Jpeg's

Reaction score
Hello

New to the forum and Blue Iris. I searched posts and did not find a answer. I would like to post Two different size jpegs for my website. I am successfully posting a large file to my site with no issues. I would like to have a smaller/thumbnail that links to the full size image on another page. I am currently scaling the large image down on the home page here Sun Prairie Wisconsin Weather - Home i was thinking i could set up a new instance of the same camera in Blue Iris and have it do nothing but ftp the smaller image. Wondering if there is a better solution. So far really like the software. I am transitioning from webcams for my website to more security due to a package being stolen from my doorstep. Thanks for any help. Andy

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
The only other solution I can think of is to have the web server downscale the image for you. You could have it detect new image uploads and produce a scaled copy, or scale the image on-demand (caching the reduced-size copy of course). However all of that requires coding you may not be comfortable with.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@BadgerPacker, remember that you can hide that second cloned camera both in the server and mobile app interface so as you suggested that is the simplest route...