FTP Backups

BlueWave

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have FTP backups configured in BI Settings to my NAS and have a base folder set as "/BlueIris/Stored/" which passes the test successfully. Now when I go to Clips & Archiving and set up the New folder to queue for backup, do I need to enter "/BlueIris/Stored/" again or would that resort in the file really being stored in "/BlueIris/Stored/BlueIris/Stored/" because maybe it's taking the base file + the folder I set up in the clip backup section or should I be leaving that folder section blank in the clip backup screen?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Blue Iris needs to see the directory structure it creates at installation. It doesn't need every directory, just the target directory. Blue Iris/Stored will work fine. Blue Iris/Stored/Blue Iris/Stored is suspect wont work very well at all.

BlueWave

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Blue Iris needs to see the directory structure it creates at installation. It doesn't need every directory, just the target directory. Blue Iris/Stored will work fine. Blue Iris/Stored/Blue Iris/Stored is suspect wont work very well at all.
Thanks, so in the Clips & Archiving screen should I leave the folder path blank since its set on the main FTP settings page?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
BI does need a path so I don't think blank will work. You could try that and if it doesn't work, add the appropriate path. BI needs the paths for New, Alerts and Stored to be exactly those names and in the original structure.