FTP error 80004005

rfx

n3wb
Reaction score
I've had my BI running flawlessly for a couple of weeks but now it won't FTP images to Weather Underground.

FTP send error: 80004005

I've seen 80004005 error in a few other contexts in other posts on this site, so my guess is that it won't help much troubleshooting here... but just in case...
anyone know this error, how to fix it so I can reestablish ftp to Weather Underground?
9-6-2016 8-17-13 AM.jpg

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
The problem is that WU is a total mess and disaster after they "upgraded" the site. Just about nothing is working right, if at all. Sit back, relax and enjoy the summer 'cuz it might be next spring by the time they get around to fixing it.

A bit of history for it. WU was started by a bunch of weather geeks. IBM bought it, for the weather data that we all upload. Apparently some VP has decided the site needs to have a whole, new, look without considering what the users of the site, and who contribute the data that IBM is monetizing, want or need. Now it's a wreck. I've stopped uploading any weather data, at least for the present, unless and until they put a good faith effort into fixing it properly.

Reaction score
The problem is that WU is a total mess and disaster after they "upgraded" the site. Just about nothing is working right, if at all. Sit back, relax and enjoy the summer 'cuz it might be next spring by the time they get around to fixing it.

A bit of history for it. WU was started by a bunch of weather geeks. IBM bought it, for the weather data that we all upload. Apparently some VP has decided the site needs to have a whole, new, look without considering what the users of the site, and who contribute the data that IBM is monetizing, want or need. Now it's a wreck. I've stopped uploading any weather data, at least for the present, unless and until they put a good faith effort into fixing it properly.
Thanks for the advice... had a feeling it was on WUs side. I noticed they just did an update. I just added my camera to their site to go with my weather station I have had with them for years. I sent them several support emails. But, no reply other than an automated response LOL :) Their FTP directions leave something to be desired. They don't mention an user Id at all... Just to enter your WU Password. But, after trying it that way I used the weather camera Id they assigned into the user Id for the FTP. It seems to connect but then would drop the connect. Never had any problems uploading my weather. Oh well, I won't worry about it for a while. It is their loss :) Wayne