FTP issue, BI not creating necessary folders on upload :(

BrownChiLD

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Using latest BI as of today, I have setup my cam to save snapshots locally and to FTP every 60 seconds.
The idea is to SAVE timelapse images per 60 seconds, and organize them by date directories.

This was my initial setup
1677371885614.png

When testing and firing this, BI is able to connect to FTP server and create the base folders on the FTP server, in this example, "CamX"

But it gets an error when BI is uploading the actual file
'invalid file name or path error"

I've troubleshooted this for hours and I couldn't figure it out until this morning.

Basically it's because of the filename format: &CAM\%Y%m%d\&CAM.%Y%m%d_%H%M%S%t
This format creates a directory per day and that's what i need. But it seems BI can't create these folders :(
I remove the &CAM\ part from the filename, and things started uploading fine.

Unfortunately, I need my timelapse (locally saved) images to be segregated by date. I do not mind if the uploaded FTP images are not but there doesn't seem to be an option to configure the filename for ftp uploads separately

Any ideas?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Under BI "Settings" => "FTP Server", under "server address", what do you have for "Base folder" ?
Mine has "/public_html/flagcam"

BrownChiLD

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
my Base folder is just root (/) because i've set the FTP user used by BI to have its own directory root.
I don't think the base folder setting is the issue since i'm able to upload fine if I dont use directory in the filename setting

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
my Base folder is just root (/) because i've set the FTP user used by BI to have its own directory root.
I don't think the base folder setting is the issue since i'm able to upload fine if I dont use directory in the filename setting
You're likely correct, but I had to ask since it was not apparent to me....:cool:

Per BI's "help":

The base folder should always begin and end with a slash (/). Pages used to configure
uploads in the software also have a folder setting. If that folder setting begins with /, that
folder specification is considered absolute from root and is used in place of the base folder.
If that folder does not begin with a slash, it is appended to the base folder:

BI-FTP.jpg