FTP/SFTP Scheduled Sync

andrew1010

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a quite unusual application for my Hikvision DS-2CD2135FWD-I - I have this mounted on my campervan and set up in conjuction with my raspberry pi GPS setup, so when movement is detected I trigger remote recording on the camera and when movement has been stopped for a few minutes, stop the recording (It also takes a photo every 10 seconds for timelapse but I've got that working fine).

When it triggers the recording and stops the recording the resulting file is stored on the installed SD card, currently I fetch this via ISAPI and store it locally - my question is:

Is there any way to "sync" the SD card contents to an SFTP server? I have my SFTP server configured under advanced network settings however I can't find any way to sync - second question, if this is possile - is it possible to also schedule this so it can occur during the night?

I can of course write something on the Raspberry pi to do this sync but if it's possible on the device itself I'd prefer that

Thanks!

Wilbur

n3wb
Reaction score
Just an idea because I dabble with Raspberry Pis myself. Is the camera recording to the pi or an internal SD card, perhaps redundant record to the pi? The size of the redundant record area can be much smaller than any SD card in the camera. If the recordings are on the pi could you script it to sshfs mount to another machine and use rsync rather than ftp.