FTP Snapshots Question

hansch

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all. I'm trying to get 15min (or periodic) snapshots (jpg) on all my cameras and save them to an ftp server.

After setting up the FTP, turning on recording for snapshots, I noticed that the NVR is saving both jpg snapshots AND .dav files. Is there a way to not save the .dav files to the ftp server? Obviously I still want to record the videos to the NVR HDD so I can't stop camera recording.

Please advise. Thanks.

hansch

n3wb
Reaction score
Cameras are connected directly to the PoE Switch.

I'm open to other suggestions for generating periodic snapshots and keeping them on some sort of shared server that can be used to create time lapse videos at a later stage.

overbe

n3wb
Reaction score
I haven't found how to do in NVR settings, but you can configure FTP settings for snapshots on camera.
1. Storage > Destination > Path tab > Snapshot > FTP (Scheduled)
2. Storage > Destination > FTP tab
Works for me. Records are kept on NVR, snapshots on FTP

hansch

n3wb
Reaction score
I haven't found how to do in NVR settings, but you can configure FTP settings for snapshots on camera.
1. Storage > Destination > Path tab > Snapshot > FTP (Scheduled)
2. Storage > Destination > FTP tab
Works for me. Records are kept on NVR, snapshots on FTP
Thanks for the suggestion. The cameras are on a different subnet to the rest of the network though. Are your cameras on the same subnet as your other network devices?

overbe

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion. The cameras are on a different subnet to the rest of the network though. Are your cameras on the same subnet as your other network devices?
Yes, they are on same subnet

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
As the NVR/IPC are really dumbasses qua configuration, what I would do is run a cronjob every X minute and do "rm -f *.dav" in that upload folder. problem solved.