FTP test Fail

nopzig

n3wb
Reaction score
I've asked about this problem in the past but didn't get a lot of bites so I'm hoping this re phrasing and simplifying of the problem helps.

I work at a ski resort and we want to use blue iris to do our webcams ftp uploads. However whenever I try to test the FTP settings in blue iris this is all that happens when you press the test button
upload_2017-12-13_7-38-37.png

It doesn't say it's uploading a test file and when I get on the server there is no test file that has been uploaded. It's like BI just stops in the middle of the test. It also happens if I just try to run with these settings, when I check the log file it just shows this every 2 mins ( how often it's supposed to upload the images)

upload_2017-12-13_7-42-53.png

To answer the first question everyone is going to ask, yes I am 100% sure the login is correct. It works with iSpy and any FTP client I use to login to the server.

Its running on a old Dell r410 with a 2.27 ghz xeon and 12 GB of ram. The OS is Windows server 2008 R2
windows firewall is turned off.

Interestingly I tried putting in the wrong creds and it gave the same message. The only way I can get it to give me an actual error is if I change the port number to 21 or any other port number

upload_2017-12-13_7-52-14.png