Full Color cameras, head2head test

genelit

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Full Color cameras are getting more and more popular as they're getting better and better.
As I have a bunch of them myself, that's my own and I paid for them, I decided to mount three them next to each other to compare them, head to head.

The cameras tested are the 3539-AS-PV (TioC), 5442(9)-ASE-NI and the new 5849T1-ASE / Color4K-X.
The cameras have default/auto settings, as I guess most cameras mounted never get dialed in I wanted to show they they perform "untouched".
Built in illuminators are disabled.

The objective of the test is to:
  • Compare the different cameras, head2head.
  • Give an idea of how much light the different cameras need and how they act if they're lacking light.

Test procedure:
The cameras are mounted on the same location and I walk towards the cameras, starting from 30m/90ft and stopping at 1m/3ft.
After each walk I decrease the surrounding light.
As my video editing skillz aren't so advanced i decided to simply record the screen when I was playing the 3 videos and put the clips together. Hey, I know it's not perfect but you'll at least get an idea of the performance of the cameras.

Test conditions:
A November evening in Sweden, pretty clear evening, not so light I could see the stars.

Enjoy!