Full color dome and PTZ options?

Marvin

n3wb
Reaction score
As the title says looking for full color dome options(no turrets) partial towards bullets. Would also like to know PTZ options I have for full color as well. My go to would normally be colorvu in this situation, but I need domes.

I've been eyeing the N45EM63 as an option but trying to find the international equivalent.

on another note, how well does dark fighter compare to colorvu? I know it's an older technology but they have dome and PTZ options.
I was told by a source that hikvision is about to release some 8mp colorvu around the beginning of next year, I wonder how true this is?
Thanks a lot guys

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you are using these outdoors, then avoid domes. They have many issue's with reflections, dirt on the dome, dome degrading over time etc.
8mp isn't needed, it takes lots of horsepower to process, and lots of storage to store.
See attached.

Attachments

Marvin

n3wb
Reaction score
If you are using these outdoors, then avoid domes. They have many issue's with reflections, dirt on the dome, dome degrading over time etc.
8mp isn't needed, it takes lots of horsepower to process, and lots of storage to store.
See attached.
I'm fully aware of all these drawbacks on domes, but unfortunately the client wants domes, and for good reason some of these will be going on an outside tunnel between buildings that's only 8.5 feet tall so turrets and bullets could possibly be knocked off axis. And I'm fully aware of the bandwidth and processing requirements for 8MP, I don't post much , but I've been in the field for a while. More so just looking for recommendations on full color dome models, with cons aside as I'm aware of what they are, and so is the client

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm fully aware of all these drawbacks on domes, but unfortunately the client wants domes, and for good reason some of these will be going on an outside tunnel between buildings that's only 8.5 feet tall so turrets and bullets could possibly be knocked off axis. And I'm fully aware of the bandwidth and processing requirements for 8MP, I don't post much , but I've been in the field for a while. More so just looking for recommendations on full color dome models, with cons aside as I'm aware of what they are, and so is the client
Domes are no more vandal resistant than a properly installed turret.

Marvin

n3wb
Reaction score
Domes are no more vandal resistant than a properly installed turret.
Some turrets yes, but some turrets don't have a locking mechanism to keep them from being moved, where as a dome you have to remove the cover to adjust or aim.. but.. I understand your point.. but the answer to
My original question has not been answered. Yes I understand in most instances turrets are better than domes. But that wasn't the question in this thread. The question was for a list of "full color" domes.

So does anyone know what the international equivalent to the N45EM63 is?

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
The deciding factor for domes in public places is most often that with domes the camera position is largely obscured- the preferred thing. Turrets and bullets, you know where the camera is facing- not the preferred thing. As far as camera choice, I don't have anything to offer and certainly wouldn't have hands-on experience. Sorry to be useless for that which you are actually looking for lol.

Try the vendor forum for Andy for dahua choices. He can help you with choices. I see this in his Amazon store

And try Nelly in the vendor forum too. I believe he deals more with hikvision.

These vendors know their inventory and what's coming down the pike shortly.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.