Fulltime keyframe only record + increased framerate on motion with 2017R2/R3 Essential+ Smart Client

cryppie

n3wb
Reaction score
On previous XProtect Essential versions (<R2) I was able to easily configure full time keyframe only recordings that changed to high framerate recordings at motion detection. This worked fantastic with Smart Client. It seems with the new version I am still able to configure this but Smart Client doesn't recognize the motion segments as new sequences. I can record all day long at 1fps and have it jump to the max fps on motion, I can see the light colored recording activity bar change to dark red, but when skipping to previous or next sequence it only goes to the start or end of the entire recording.

What I'm doing, and sorry if I'm not specific since I'm not at the server, is checking the record only keyframes box on the cams in the recording server section (keyframes set to 60 sec on cams). In the Rules section, I have created a rule to always record and another rule to change framerate to max on motion. Works great if you don't need to review footage..

Any suggestions? I've tried everything I could think of but just can't find a good way to do this. It's almost like they left out motion metadata in the Smart Client sequence code. HopefulIy I'm just missing something because I don't think I'll be able to renew my 2017R1 license since I could find nowhere to do it and without this I'll need to find something new.

Thanks!

tinglis1

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm in the same situation as you and it is really annoying that the motion sequence feature is missing.
I'm using Essentials+ 2017 R3