Funny / Satire

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
Dear @Ssayer , When I was a Network Guru in Billings MT. we had a client that complained of "scratches" on his monitor.
I could not see the scratches so, I asked him to show me. He pulled up a document and started to read a page. I noticed
he followed the words with a pen. Yes, the scratches were ink marks! I cleaned the screen end of problem? Hell no! He called
and complained I had embarrassed him and the monitor still had marks on it and demanded replacement. I never
get along with accountants especially CPAs.

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
Dear @Ssayer , When I was a Network Guru in Billings MT. we had a client that complained of "scratches" on his monitor.
I could not see the scratches so, I asked him to show me. He pulled up a document and started to read a page. I noticed
he followed the words with a pen. Yes, the scratches were ink marks! I cleaned the screen end of problem? Hell no! He called
and complained I had embarrassed him and the monitor still had marks on it and demanded replacement. I never
I wanna hear the white-out on the screen stories about the new receptionist with 3 WPM typing skills.....

mattp

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
On the other side of the coin...I watched an IT guy carrying my new monitor screen side against his phone holster. Scratched the screen pretty good, enough so that I had IT replace it. We have stupid rules at work that IT are supposed to move our equipment.

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
On the other side of the coin...I watched an IT guy carrying my new monitor screen side against his phone holster. Scratched the screen pretty good, enough so that I had IT replace it. We have stupid rules at work that IT are supposed to move our equipment.
That's why we need 21" ViewSonic CRT monitors back instead of LCD screens. Working with dual 21's, you could get an even suntan on both sides of your face and nothing would scratch those screens......

mattp

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I had a 19" Viewsonic with 1600x1200 resolution. I bought it sometime around 97...I'm sure it's still working wherever it is. I'm glad we are finally past the 1080x1920 being the only resolution you could practically get...That period was terrible...As I type this on my 4k monitor.

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
I had a 19" Viewsonic with 1600x1200 resolution. I bought it sometime around 97...I'm sure it's still working wherever it is. I'm glad we are finally past the 1080x1920 being the only resolution you could practically get...That period was terrible...As I type this on my 4k monitor.
I was a controls designer for 10 years and had dual 21's on my desk. I don't remember the exact resolution on those bad boys, I just remember them weighing about 60 lbs a piece and hated moving them.

View Sonic site says MAX VGA resolution was 2048 x 1536.

Jim I.

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I was a controls designer for 10 years and had dual 21's on my desk. I don't remember the exact resolution on those bad boys, I just remember them weighing about 60 lbs a piece and hated moving them.

A buddy I used to work with was moving one of those old CRT monitors back in the 90's when his bicep muscle tore and partially detached from the top of his arm. He showed me his bicep muscle after it happened. It was sagging down, close to his elbow!

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
Alexa: I need you to discipline the Roomba please, it's been VERY naughty!

That just goes to show it is not the devices that are intelligent. They send the images to Venezuela to be physically looked at by humans, labeled, sorted and listened to. Then the humans grab the juicy ones and post them on facebook. Never, ever, ever, trust a `"cloud linked" device.

Last edited: