Funny / Satire

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
Tell me about it....fractured my tailbone Saturday. Was mowing the dog area with a push mower and while stepping backwards tripped over a short tree stump and fell backwards, my ass hit first then the back of my head and clopped my teeth together.

Hard head? It's OK. Put a dent in the yard. My tailbone? X-ray yesterday shows a hairline fracture. And it hurts like the devil to sit or crouch to pick something off the floor, put on your shoes, etc.

Now I've got me a little donut cushion to sit on for the next 4 to 6 weeks. Yee haww!

Let's see, where's that bucket list....here it is. Let's see...ah, there it is..."Break tailbone"..OK, checked that off....next? :facepalm:
OK....good story. With all the cameras you got, we must see the video of the incident.....you know, just to seal the story........:thumb:

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
I did that in my late 20's. Some idiot girl who wanted to get my attention pulled a chair out from under me while I was trying to sit down. 3 feet straight to the cement ground.
Watch your back in the future. I ended up with a whole list of problems with my lower back after that, ending with surgery 10 years later.
How long before you married her??? :D

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
OK....good story. With all the cameras you got, we must see the video of the incident.....you know, just to seal the story........:thumb:
OK, here it is....you asked for it!:cool:

I mow the dogs' fenced area and perform close trim with the push mower, the rest with either a riding mower or tractor with bushog. I've been mowing this area for 17 years but until this spring there was a dogwood tree there. Had to have 10 cut down because they were all half-dead with rot and fungus. This close to the lake it stays too damp for too long, the prolonged dampness is what did this to them, IMO.

Anyway, I got careless and there's the results. BTW the compression stockings are not a fashion statement, I have DVT (Deep Vein Thrombosis) and PAD (Peripheral Arterial Disease) in both legs.

You can barely hear the mower or my holler because of the loud A/C running near the cam, a Loryta IPC-HDW5442TM-AS (4MP, 1/1.8" sensor 2.8mm) streaming to Blue Iris.

View attachment TonyR-fractured-tailbone_3_080523.mp4

Last edited:

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
OK, here it is....you asked for it!:cool:

I mow the dogs' fenced area and perform close trim with the push mower, the rest with either a riding mower or tractor with bushog. I've been mowing this area for 17 years but until this spring there was a dogwood tree there. Had to have 10 cut down because they were all half-dead with rot and fungus. This close to the lake it stays too damp for too long, the prolonged dampness is what did this to them, IMO.

Anyway, I got careless and there's the results. BTW the compression stockings are not a fashion statement, I have DVT (Deep Vein Thrombosis) and PAD (Peripheral Arterial Disease) in both legs.

You can barely hear the mower or my holler because of the loud A/C running near the cam, a Loryta IPC-HDW5442TM-AS (4MP, 1/1.8" sensor 2.8mm) streaming to Blue Iris.

View attachment 169738
Oh.......wow......you ok??

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah, I shuffle too much now, don't pick up my feet as I should so I trip on stuff I breezed over just a few years ago. :idk:
That was me thinking I was still in my 20's and could just zip right up the 2 cement stairs. My knee buckled after I landed on my first stair. There was no stopping destiny once starting the transition to horizontal had commenced. It took the skin off of both knees, I cracked the screen door frame with my head and worse part about it, it was in the single digits outside and I laid there for about 10 minutes until I could figure out how to get myself back up. I tried calling for my wife, but she was inside engrossed in Lifetime TV and couldn't hear me calling for help.

Last edited: